Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why I'm A Better Mom In My Fantasy Life

Because in my fantasy life, Teen doesn't come to me before my morning coffee and proudly parade his Facebook page with beer quotes in front of me:


"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill 

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.
George F. Burns 

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra 

And in my fantasy life, Teen doesn't laugh in my face when I lecture him on how things he posts on the internet for the world to see could effect how people think of him or even his chances for getting a decent job. 

And in my fantasy life, I'm not a Hypocrite Mom who posts things on the internet for the world to see that could effect how people think of me or even my chances for getting a decent job.

And in my fantasy life, I certainly don't own a t-shirt like this:






Stay tuned:  Shagging Up With The Boyfriend--A San Francisco Treat


posted at Humor-Blogs

16 comments:

Schmoop said...

Shagging up, eh? That's interesting and more than a little arousing. Cheers Meg!!

Unknown said...

Happy WW! Translating fantasy powers and behavior into our real life is usually the challenge...

I invite your blog readers to enjoy the penultimate Bear Hug with us...

peace, Villager

ReformingGeek said...

I'm still trying to get past the fact that the Internet is so very, very public.

But wait. I don't care.

Life without beer would be a sad, sad, existence.

Chasity said...

If I only had a quarter for every time I've wanted to post 'It's Margarita Thirty' as my facebook status- or 'Overserved'- or 'My cheeks are light'- I would either be very wealthy, or be able to afford to permanently see double. :)

Here's what I don't understand about the employer thing on facebook- Don't you have to accept them as friends in order for them to view your information?

for a different kind of girl said...

The internet is probably (quite likely)(oh, definitely) the reason I make slightly more than minimum wage.

Nooter said...

mmmm... beer....

TwoBusy said...

That Benjamin Franklin quote is one of my favorite things of all time, right there alongside Kaiser Wilhelm's "Give me a woman who loves beer, and I will conquer the world."

Candice said...

So it's safe to say that your kiddo likes beer.

Suzanne said...

Why can't they get the morning coffee thing? Why must they taunt us?

Cat said...

I think I might actually a better mom in real life than is my fantasy life. That is pretty sad.

Honeybell said...

Ha! I have that quote framed on my kitchen wall!

Unknown said...

Good luck shagging up. Better than shagging down!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

You might be a better mom in your fantasy life, but not nearly as entertaining.

♥ Braja said...

Wait...where's the bar?

NWO said...

Sounds to me like your fantasy life is not quite as interesting as your real life. Post on!

A Free Man said...

Like mother, like son, eh? No big dramas, you're not talking about government overthrow or anything!