Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thinking Outside The Six Pack

My previous post included my persuasive arguments for Teen Son on driving and drinking. Seems now I need to talk to Teen Daughter.

I had a few drinks at a party the other night and asked a friend to take me home. Daughter wanted to know why I didn't drive myself home.

"Because I don't drink and drive," I told her.
"Mom," she said, put off. "You don't have to do that. You just put down the drink and then keep both hands on the steering wheel."

Why didn't I think of that?




posted at Humor-Blogs

14 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Please tell me she's blonde....

Schmoop said...

Your daughter is fricking brilliant. Brilliant I Say!! Cheers Meg!!

JD at I Do Things said...

Oh, your daughter is a smart one. I hope you have sturdy cupholders, tho. NOTHING gets the smell of beer out of upholstery (so I've heard).

sage said...

She should be a lawyer! That's brilliant--I also like your title.

Nooter said...

was she on art linkletters show?

Catherinette Singleton said...

She's going to be WAY popular in college!

ReformingGeek said...

Uh....yeah.

YIKES!

A Free Man said...

I've always been a fan of literalism.

Bee said...

Smart girl. This means she'll have fewer chances of getting pulled over.

bernthis said...

please tell me she was totally kidding. okay, I know, I'm the blonde one now

Hannah said...

LOL. Why multi task when you don't have to? ;)

Anndi said...

*snicker*


Happy John Lennon Day!

Chasity said...

Ha! Sometimes the obvious is the most difficult to see, your daughter is already one step ahead of most of the population.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

oh my goodness - thank God mine can only say mama and no